Death can Strengthen your Faith in God

My mother at the age of 88 and suffering from Alzheimer's disease died five months ago. It was a sad and gut-wrenching end to a life that was good but also rifled at times with mental and physical illness but throughout her five to seven years of Alzheimer's I saw the glory and promises of the Lord.

You might say, "How can you say that with all of the suffering that she went through?" Yes, she did suffer, as well as some of the family but throughout her hospital and doctor visits, times of confusion and loneliness, I saw the power of God and I saw how he took care of her from day to day. She did suffer and at times and

I'm sure she wondered where God was in all of this but I feel certain from the way she acted at times, that she knew God was with her and that he would see her through.

All I want to say in this brief article is that observing how God provided for her throughout her life--especially the last four years--told me that no matter what goes on in my life and yours--good or bad--He is there always watching over us and providing us with what we need. It may not always be what we want but it will be what we need.

So, whenever life looks bleak and death looks near, God will be nearer to you--so much nearer!

God Bless,

Toni Star June 2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get better sleep by praying by Toni Star

Enjoy Christmas this year; put aside the virus

Thanksgiving at Grandma's by Toni Star