Giving your Best to God Will come Full Circle

Giving your Best to God Will come Full Circle! When you think about how God blesses your life everyday and how He provides for your needs, it makes sense, doesn’t it, to give your best to Him? But, how to do that and what can we give to Him that will show that we care; that we believe in Him? Sometimes, I think about this, especially if when I face a need in my life or when I feel my faith is slipping away from me.

The thing is, when we give our best to God; be it in the form of loving someone who is unlovable, when we forgive someone who has wronged us or when we help out a neighbor who is struggling or lonely, we are giving our best to Him. And, when we do something wonderful or even ordinary but with a good heart, God will reward us with better health, a better ability to handle difficulties in our life or show us the importance of relationships and how they can be a positive influence in our lives.

For example, my husband and I have a neighbor who has been so kind and helpful to us ever since we moved into our new condo over four years ago. His wife died seven years ago and he still misses her and rightly so. Well, I love to bake pies and wouldn’t you know, he absolutely loves pies? So, I bake him a pie every month or two and he always tells me how much he enjoys them. Well, about two months ago, it was time to bake him another pie, but I hadn’t been feeling well and surgery for a health condition of mine was coming up and I just didn’t feel like doing it. But, I noticed in the last couple of days before I made the pie, that our neighbor seemed more reclusive and shy and it bothered me. So, I put my own worries away and made him a pie.

At first, I struggled making the pie but as I continued mixing the ingredients and then pouring it into the crust, I began to feel better because I knew he would enjoy the pie. Well, I took the pie over to him and I’m so glad I did because he told me as I gave him the pie, “Thank you, Toni, for the pie.” He seemed so down that I asked, “How are you doing? Been feeling alright?” He replied, “Been a little depressed lately. I still miss my wife.” At first, I didn’t know what to say but then replied, “I understand. Losing someone is always hard and even after many years, the pain remains.” We talked a bit more and before I left, I could see he was doing better. It helps so much to share with another; not just the good things but things that bother us; things that make us feel that life is not worth living.

But, didn’t Christ tell us to help and love one another? He didn’t say it would be easy but he did say that we should use the talents we have to help those in need and when we help another in need, we also do out best for Christ and His Father. For he once said, “for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.” “Matthew 25:35: When we give our very best, even when we are tired and feeling low, He will remember what we have done and continue to give you and me His best! So you see, the seeds of giving always come full circle. It may take time before it arrives, but it will be felt!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get better sleep by praying by Toni Star

Enjoy Christmas this year; put aside the virus

Thanksgiving at Grandma's by Toni Star