Thursday, July 30, 2015

The Lord's Promises and our Expectations


The Lord has promised many things to you and me. Here are some of His promises:

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and hope." Jeremiah 29:11.

Another promise comes from Matthew 11: 28-29: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

The next one is wonderful and one we all need: "And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

Romans 8:37-39 is especially wonderful, "No despite all these things, overwhelming victory is our through Christ, who loved us. And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death or life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow--not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below--indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Savior."

Recently, I underwent surgery and like many, I was frightened but I knew that God would be there for me and of course, He was. A friend of mind also underwent a scary time and had to have a pacemaker put in. She was, of course, frightened but she was not alone. She is now recuperating and her prognosis looks wonderful.
Both of us have learned once again, that no matter what happens in our life--good or bad--God is with us! And, like the picture above, God's light is always available--not matter how dark everything may look. Look always for His light!

So, always keep in mind God's promises for you because unlike politicians and others who say one thing and mean another, He will never let you down! He is real, powerful and truthful!

Copyright Toni Star 2015
 

1 comment:

  1. Excellent article. Indeed "God is with us!" each day and each hour to lead us in the right direction. He has a plan for all.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message if you like...