Saturday, July 26, 2014

What I Learned from Joyce Meyer's "Battlefield of the Mind"

I've been reading Joyce Meyer's "Battlefield of the Mind" and was surprised and happy with what I found. I have often watched her on TV and have read some of her articles that have appeared in her magazine. Frankly, I was surprised with how good this book is; not that I didn't anticipate it to be good, but that her words--words that come from the Bible-- have touched my heart and my life in ways I didn't think possible.

Like many, my main reference to God and Jesus is the Bible; for it has wisdom and help that is timeless. I especially love reading the Psalms and the book of John. In the Bible, especially in these sections are words that can transform your life and lead you closer to Christ, God and the Christian way of living.

To get back to the "Battlefield of the Mind," words that have helped me so much and words that will probably help you come from the Bible and are paraphrased like this: Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money (including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions) and be satisfied with your present {circumstances and with what you have}; for He (God) Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. {I will} not, {I will not} in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake not let (you) down (relax My hold on you)! (Assuredly not!)" Hebrews 13:5

These are wonderful words that can encourage you when you are wondering if God will come through and provide for your needs.

Throughout her book, she constantly tells of instances when she was so lonely and hurting and how God helped her. Most importantly, she tells how the "evil" one attacks our minds and by attacking our minds he influences us to act in negative and harmful ways. That is why, according to Joyce Meyer and more importantly the Bible and God, we know that by giving our thoughts under the control and dominance of God, we can obtain peace, happiness and joy in our lives.

To conclude, to be close to God and keep our mind under the control and obedience of God and Jesus, pray without ceasing, love the Lord your God with all of your heart and trust in Him and only Him!

Amen

Copyright Toni Star 2014

3 comments:

  1. Battlefield of the Mind is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Toni! I really like Joyce Meyers, and I've read several of her books. But not this one. It sounds great! I can really relate to those negative voices in my head, trying to bring me down. I think I could learn a lot from this book.
    Nice to meet you! I'm visiting from Lynn's blog,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is a wonderful book! I'm looking forward to reading more of her books.

    Thanks so much for your reply.

    Toni

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message if you like...